Let’s Learn About Psoriasis – The Skin Disease Who Attacks Physical And Mental
REINHA.com – Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin disease that is common, recurrent and involves several factors such as genetic, immune, environmental and hormonal systems. This disease generally affects places such as the elbows and knees, scalp, buttocks and genitalia.
It is known that there are variations in the prevalence of psoriasis based on geographical and ethnic areas which indicate the role of the physical environment, genetic factors and behavioral patterns or other exposure to the development of psoriasis.
The cause of psoriasis is not certain. But this disease is thought to be associated with an autoimmune disorder. Psoriasis will appear when the production of body skin cells occurs excessively. Under normal conditions, the body will produce and replace dead skin cells within a few weeks. While people with psoriasis will experience this in a matter of days so that there is a buildup of skin cells that will form thickening.
Dry, thick and scaly skin makes people with psoriasis suffer. Often feel anxious, depressed, insomnia, and lack of confidence. Psoriasis is not contagious, but it’s greatly affects a person’s life and disrupts his quality of life. People with psoriasis can become very frustrated with the disease if treatment is not successful, and recurrence often occurs.
Risk factors that can cause psoriasis such as :
- Family / hereditary history
- Bacterial / viral infections
- Consumption of alcohol
- There is trauma to the skin
- Climate (especially in 4 seasons)
- Race (whites have a higher risk)
Clinical symptoms that can be seen from people with psoriasis are :
- Red patches that are thick and scaly white
- The size varies, ranging from small to able to cover certain body areas
- Spots can be found on both sides, or only one side
- When scratched or removed bleeding points will appear
By knowing the clinical symptoms of psoriasis, there are several ways that can be used to treat psoriasis :
- Use moisturizers and skin protectors to reduce inflammation and the speed of skin regeneration
- Using corticosteroid drugs
- Do phototherapy
- Maintain good skin cleanliness
- Avoid skin infections
# Let’s Learn About Psoriasis – The Skin Disease Who Attacks Physical And Mental