Alert, Do Not Let Vomiting Blood Due To Peptic Ulcer Disturb Your Health
REINHA.com – Vomiting blood or hematemesis in some people need to be considered because it can cause dangerous conditions. Vomiting blood or hematemesis is a sign of upper gastrointestinal bleeding. The causes can be various, between ulcers in the stomach and or ulcers in the duodenum or due to rupture of varicose veins in the esophagus or stomach.But this time, what will be discussed is vomiting blood due to peptic ulcer.
Gastric ulcer (peptic ulcer) is a wound that appears on the stomach wall due to erosion of the lining of the stomach wall. Gastric ulcers can cause pain in the stomach or even bleeding in severe cases. This disease can affect everyone at any age. Even so, men over the age of 60 have a higher risk of experiencing it. Gastric ulcer itself can be treated thoroughly if the main cause is known.
The main symptoms that you will feel if you experience stomach ulcers are pain or pain in the stomach. The pain arises because of the irritation caused by stomach acid which soaks the wound. Besides pain in the stomach, there are several other symptoms that you may experience, including heartburn, no appetite, nausea, and indigestion.
Common causes that can reduce the protection of the stomach wall against stomach acid include the infection of Helicobacter pylori bacteria and the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. In addition to bacteria and drugs, lifestyle factors also increase the risk of suffering from stomach ulcers, such as:
- Drink alcohol which can thin the protective membrane of the stomach wall.
- Stress that is not immediately treated.
- Smoking increases the risk of developing gastric ulcers for people infected with the pylori bacteria.
Blood vomiting or hematemesis is a symptom when someone vomits something from his mouth, which is accompanied by a certain amount of blood. The blood that comes out can be blackish red or bright red. This blood color often indicates the level of bleeding. Vomiting dark blood usually indicates that the source of bleeding originates from the upper gastrointestinal tract which runs slowly. Meanwhile, bright red blood often shows acute bleeding, that runs fast and vomited immediately.
Vomiting blood can cause several things, such as:
- Choking or aspiration. This condition can cause blood collection in the lungs, so that it interferes with breathing. People who are at risk of experiencing aspiration of gastric contents, including:
• People with a history of alcohol abuse.
• People with a history of stroke.
• People with a history of swallowing disorders.
- Shock. The following symptoms of it are :
• Dizzy when standing.
• Fast and short breathing.
• Decreasing the amount of urine.
• Pale and cold skin.
- Anemia. Anemia is a result of a body that lacks healthy red blood cells. Both rapid and sudden bleeding and bleeding that occurs slowly for a long time, can result in anemia.
Vomiting blood is an emergency condition. Immediately contact a doctor or visit an emergency department (ED) if you experience vomiting of blood, especially if vomiting of blood occurs in a sufficient number of up to 500 cc. One way to prevent vomiting of blood is to reduce the consumption of food or drink. Also discuss with your doctor about taking drugs, such as aspirin or NSAIDs, regarding their risks and benefits.
# Alert, Do Not Let Vomiting Blood Due To Peptic Ulcer Disturb Your Health